The Osborne Operation, located approximately 50 kilometres south of Mount Dore and the Merlin deposit, comprises mining, processing facilities and exploration tenements.
The main assets of Osborne are:
- A two-million-tonne per annum (5,500 tpd) copper-gold flotation concentrator
- A 19 megawatt gas and diesel-fired power station and associated gas pipeline
- A modern camp with 470 accommodation units
- A two-kilometre-long, modern airstrip capable of accepting small jet aircraft. In September 2015, the Open Pit cut back project commenced. First ore was mined in January 2016. Copper Gold processing recommenced in February 2016 and is expected to continue to the last quarter of 2017.
- In September 2015, the Open Pit cut back project commenced. First ore was mined in January 2016. Copper Gold processing recommenced in February 2016 and is expected to continue until late 2018. Underground mining of some of the remaining ore is being considered. If this proves to be economic then processing at Osborne is likely to continue until mid-2019.
The Starra Line is located about 1km to the west of the Merlin Project. Copper- Gold mineralisation is hosted in a series of magnetite/haematite ironstones and magnetite rich schist. Since 1988, four open pits; Starra 222, 241, 251 and 257 and three underground developments; Starra 222, 251 and 276 produced a total of 11.4Mt @ 2.1% Cu and 3.2g/t Au. Indicated and Inferred resources total 6.11Mt @ 1.14% Cu and 0.48g/t Au for Starra 276 and 6.96Mt @ 0.86% Cu and 1.19g/t Au for Starra 222.